SEWER COLLECTION PROJECT UPDATE 9/3/2021
Six weeks in and so far so good! The planned work through mid-September is as follows:
- Swanson Addition - Continued alley excavation between Park Place and Pioneer Street SE through September 16th.
- Crest Drive/D St SE - Bursting and open trench excavation began on September 1st In the alleys between Crest Drive and D Street SE. Expect alley restrictions and closure for the next 3 weeks.
- 15th Ave SW to 18th Ave SW - Work in the alley between C Street SW and Basin Street from 15th Avenue SW to 18th Avenue SW has been delayed. Expect work to begin September 13th and alley access will be restricted for at least 3 weeks.
- Peachtree Drive - Construction on Peachtree Drive to the treatment plant Is complete with a few minor clean up tasks to be done with asphalt patching at a later date.
TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON PIPE AVAILABILITY AND ANY UNFORSEEN UNDERGROUND IMPACTS
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Construction will impact (halt) travel in alleys and roadways, and cause some driveway access restrictions. To prepare, please be aware of any Items you store/park In the alley that will need to be temporarily relocated. You may have to detour around active construction zones.
- This WILL have an impact on garbage pick-up. If construction has your alley blocked move your garbage can to the street making sure it is accessible to the garbage truck.
- Construction will be loud and potentially dusty. The contractor will do their best to control.
- Some work may be performed at night when the sewer flow is at its lowest level.
- You may be notified by the contractor of interruptions in sewer service in your area or restrictions to the alley or driveway. They will be doing their best to minimize this time but it is inevitable.
Additional Contact Information
City website: www.ephrata.org or www.facebook.com/CityofEphrata
To report utility problems, or for emergency shut-off: 754-4601 (after hours dial 762-1160)