SEWER COLLECTION PROJECT BEGINS 7/26/2021
CONSTRUCTION WORK TO BEGIN WEEK OF JULY 26, 2021
EPHRATA, WA.: POW Contracting of Pasco, Washington was awarded the bid to replace roughly 9000 feet of sewer main by means of open trenching and pipe bursting. Work will be conducted in both the alleys and streets at various locations throughout town. Here are the projected times and locations through mid-August:
- July 28 - Intersection of Peachtree and Cherry Blossom Drive to the treatment plant
- August 3 - Alleys and streets in the Swanson Addition, specifically Park Place and Lee Street SE streets and alley from Smith Avenue to Pioneer Avenue
- August 11 - Alley between C Street SW and Basin Street from 15th Avenue SW to 18th Avenue SW
TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON PIPE AVAILABILITY AND ANY UNFORSEEN UNDERGROUND IMPACTS
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Construction will impact (halt) travel in alleys and roadways. You may have to detour around active construction zones.
- This WILL have an impact on garbage pick-up. If construction has your alley blocked on garbage day, move your garbage can to the street making sure it is accessible to the garbage truck.
- Construction will be loud
- Some work may be performed at night when the sewer flow is at its lowest level
- You may be notified by the contractor of interruptions in sewer service in your area. They will be doing their best to minimize this time but it is inevitable.
On behalf of the Mayor, City Council and staff, "Thank You" for your patience during this construction project.
Additional Contact Information
City website: www.ephrata.org or www.facebook.com/CityofEphrata
To report utility problems, or for emergency shut-off: 754-4601 (after hours dial 762-1160)